Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

London Diary 2 - Wednesday 31st August 2011

fear this may be a long one tonight, despite the fact I'm nodding off in front of the screen, as today has been very busy and very exciting and that's not just in college...

Scribbly graphic t-shirt, jeans and my cream leather blazer today, much more practical for the tube - which I have decided I hate. I was also asked for directions today, so those two combined, I've decided I'm an honorary Londoner.

Firstly here's my drawings of yesterday's outfits...  


After discussing what we liked about particular fashion editorials, we started planning our photoshoots. We've chosen the theme 'Primitive', and are planning on producing an editorial entitled 'The Evolution of the Lady'. Following Darwin's illustration of evolution, and giving it a stylish twist, we're going to show womens' style through the 20's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 80's and 90's, as our model evolves.

Only a sneaky peek for tonight, this image was a test for the 90's girl.




I got a bit depressed today when it hit me that the Charing X Road building is really closing in 2 weeks; I love the thought that Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and so many others have walked the same stairs, and sat in the same classrooms as me. Off I went with my camera to get a few snaps of admittedly a wrecked, but equally completely magical building.



We loved this neon pink classroom, tucked away at the end of the first floor corridor.


I know it's only stairs, but there's a lot like this in the building, and I'm a bit obsessed by who will have walked them.


This is an installation in the MA exhibition, it's huge and really imposing, but my picture doesn't really do it justice.


Finally, I loved the contrast of my sparkly pencilcase against the dilapidated building, in black and white, like the others, as we were testing for the photos tomorrow!

 I left college at 5pm but the excitement didn't stop, hot-footing it to Selfridges, to pay a visit to the Louboutin boutique. They only had the style I was after in red, not black, but I tried the red on anyway, you know, just for size!




Shoot tomorrow, so another huge post tomorrow night! Until then...

Night!

Hx

1 comment:

  1. Kim Kardashian :D31 August 2011 at 23:28

    Buy the shoes in red! I love them and there alot more different to the average black shoe :)

    ReplyDelete