Pages

Saturday 1 May 2010

FD: 1st May - Judith Leiber

I am currently on the hunt for a suitable clutch bag to match the dress I made for my prom in two weeks, and I have to say I'm struggling. In a moment of wishful thinking, I stumbled upon these Judith Leiber beauties, while browsing on Net A Porter.


One could argue they slightly resemble dodgy ornaments found the cluttering houses of those of a certain age, or garish "tourist tat" found in equally dodgy shops. But somehow, their ostentatiousness is balanced out by the delicacy of the jewels and the colouring. These decadent little bags would add a touch of luxury to any outfit, but sadly, at prices ranging between 3 and 5 grand, I don't think they'll be adding any to mine!

I do however love the bunny version, and can't help thinking they would look just as fabulous sitting in your closet next to your regular leather clutches, as they would dangling elegantly from your wrist alongside a beautiful gown.
Oh well, we can but dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment