Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

Outfit Post: Great minds think alike

Just when you (and I) thought that coursework deadlines, exams and a fashion show had killed both me and Parade off, we're back!

Organising prom has also been a cause of distraction from here so it seems fitting to theme an outfit post around that.

Having bought my dress at the end of last year, that was the least of my worries in the run up to the event. Instead I found myself to be more concerned by ivy and fairylights and roses and candlesticks. This all led to a rather uncharacteristically disorganised dash around town the day before, yes the day before, to locate a belt and jewellery.

Somehow I finished up with a bit of a deco/grecian fusion going on...

 

Dress - Phase Eight
Necklace - EB Erickson Beamon
Belt - Zara
Bag - Vintage
Shoes - Christian Louboutin


It seems though that plunging black dresses and gold accessories are a bit of a trend this week.

Sharon Stone was spotted arriving at Christian Dior HQ in Paris on Monday for Paris Couture Week, wearing an outfit that, dare I say, was similar to mine. At first glance even more so, until I scrolled down and saw her dress wasn't full length, plus I didn't wear sunnies or red lippy, which I must admit look amazing on her. (I did have red nails, but no lippy as I didn't want to look like I was trying to match my soles, if you catch my drift?)


I'd love to say she copied off me, but in reality I can't claim to be friends with Ms. Stone, so it looks like it'll just have to be a stylish coincidence... Shame!


P.S. There should be pictures of the aforementioned fashion show floating about somewhere; when I track them down, I'll pop them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment