Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Brit Awards 2011: The first re-styled statue

I've just been sent these photos from the Brit Awards 2011 shortlisting event last night, where singer Jessie J was confirmed as the recipient of the Critics Choice Award.

But it wasn't just any Brit statue she received, as this year things have been shaken up. The new trophy is a blank white canvas, leaving it up to to leading British creative individuals to style it each year. Jessie J has received the first of this years statues, which has been designed by fashion designer Vivienne Westwood. "Vivienne stands for all the things we want to inspire in tomorrow's generation of artists." said Brits chairman David Joseph.

And I couldn't agree more, I love the deconstructed Union Jack design and rich colours, and the sketch is almost as beautiful as the real thing. I'm now just wondering if there's a dress version to be modelled at the event... Watch this space!




















Photos John Marshall / jmenternational

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that I love your blog and that I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award.Have a brilliant day!Dora.
    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete