Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Style Update... Utility and Military S/S 2010

When I first caught wind of the new seasons "Utility" and "Military" trends I nearly died of a) Shock; b) Fear and c) Despair. However - I think it may be possible for me, yes faux fur coats, pencil skirts and heels, to embrace such a trend...

Firstly although I'm not the worlds hugest fan of khaki, it has appeared in broad spectrum of palatable different shades this season and mixing it with pinks and charcoal was a wise move on the designers part.But sadly despite a strong, beautifully cut collection I'm still not sure if I could take Chloe, right, because for me utility fabric might just be a step too far. But if it's fabric thats the issue, Burberry Prorsum and Celine have the answer. Utility trend nailed in silk and chiffon. Returning to the label's military roots, Christopher Bailey revived the classic trench in pastels and metalics and created retty draped chiffon mini dresses, roughed up with brown leather belts.

Unfortunately Burberry Prorsum isn't exactly H&M prices...

But fear not! Luxe Utility (as my version is named) can be found on the high street. Keep your eyes peeled for natural colours, khaki, cream and biscuit, button and zip details, loose fitting shapes and luxurious fabric.

Here is my pick of the best pieces -




Dress (left) £125 Whistles

Playsuit (right) £110 Whistles









Coat (left) £75 Topshop

Mac (right) £149 Hobbs



Shoes (below) £65 Topshop





Boots (above) £55 Next

No comments:

Post a Comment