Pages

Sunday 3 January 2010

Joggers... Hmm

Well, what do I make of this latest joggers trend? I've read bits about "the return of the jogging bottom" over the past couple of months and I have to admit I am slightly curious. This may come as somewhat of a surprise to those who know me well as I do have a well documented phobia of sportswear and overly casual clothes in general, but I really am strangely interested in the whole joggers and heels combo.

Of course the joggers in question should be tapered, rolled up at the ankle, definitely not marl grey, and should never ever be worn with anything trainer-like, but instead with (almost) anything heeled. We get some lenience with the fabric, anything from flannel (but please be thin) and jersey to sequins and silk. Topshop are stocking some Moto joggers, but they're stonewashed denim! Please no... I'm liking the sound of the silk option for night and the jersey for day, so now the search will begin. I'm sure H&M will be able to help, on the grounds they never usually fail me on catwalk basics.

I am starting to think it all sounds quite audacious and thrilling, the world of such a fashion contradiction, dabbling in something which any self respecting fashionista would, under normal circumstances, duly avoid. But as I keep seeing in town - and eek its annoying me -if people think it is okay to disrespect a faux fur coat by pairing it with ugg boots, it suddenly seems somehow perfectly acceptable to wear jogging bottoms with heels - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment