Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

30th October 2010 - Paris Diary DEUX

Today was Le Louvre day... The pyramid was beautiful, the gallery busy, and Mona Lisa bigger than I expected! Never one to stop working, I found myself slightly distracted by the draping of the thousands of marble busts.. (my textiles group will understand!) I can honestly say I have never seen quite so much art, after 3 hours I was withering and in need of food. Food I got, in a chic sidestreet cafe nestled among antique shops, love it.

Afternoon, and it was time for the much anticipated visit to Avenue des Champs-Élysées and H&M! It seemed like I was never going to find it by the time I'd got three quarters of the way down the road and still not got there. I think I actually ran when I saw it, towering smooth stone, chic black lettering and swarms of excitable shoppers clutching white bags. Frankly I didn't really care what I got in my bag, so long as I got a bag. I ended up with a black sequined mini, you know, go to Paris, buy an LBD... Oo it's those stereotypes again!

Today's outfit from the camel/black palette made me feel half french, half 5 year old in Sunday best, in a good way.

Dress - Zara
Top - Zara
Coat - H&M
Scarf - H&M
Shoes - Marks and Spencer

You may also notice I have a new profile picture... That is of course me coming out of the French Vogue Offices, practising for the future, but more of that tomorrow!

Finally, an update on the search for the aforementioned lady with the dog... I saw an off duty version, albeit with voluminous curly blow dry, camel on the top half, jeans and Ugg boots on the bottom, small squeaking dog (on lead) in arms. Day half made!

No comments:

Post a Comment