Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

FD - 24th November 2010 - Lanvin For H&M

A day on, I have recovered.

To be honest, compared to some people's valiant attempts to get their hands on the collection, mine was fairly subdued... But it worked - more on that after I tell you the story!

Unable to get to Manchester, the nearest place to us to be stocking the collection, it seemed online was the only option. So my alarm went off at 6.30am and when I finally remembered what it was set for, I was up, and shortly after, the website was up.

Nervously refreshing until 7am, I got the dress in my basket, and checked out.

Except I wish it was that easy, the checkout crashed and we received the "error" message more times than I can count...

By some miracle (and a long rant to customer services) the order went through and by Christmas, I will be the proud owner of the beauty pictured below.

It's not just any dress, and really, though its beautiful, its not actually the material value that's the main attraction...

Firstly, it's not likely to happen again, Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin said that he wanted to bring luxury to H&M, not take the Lanvin brand downmarket. "I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public." He went on, 'H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less."

These dresses are a part of fashion history, the design perfectly encapsulates the beauty of Lanvin and though I haven't yet seen my piece, I have heard the quality is far more high end than high street. What's more, eBay is already crawling with items from the collection, being flogged for one and a half to twice the selling price...


Excited much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment