Pages

Monday 5 July 2010

London Diary - Monday 5th July

Well, well, well, what a day it's been! I officially love Central Saint Martins, and I am now even more certain that's where I want to be in three years time, if that's actually possible! Ah outfit, amazingly comfy patterned hareem pants and simple vest!

Starting off on a train, I took a different route today finishing up with a new line on the tube - woop! Arrived at the college expecting to be one of those who had travelled a long long way... Hong Kong and Mexico outdid me without a doubt, then there's France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Singapore! Surprised to find another 3 girls from my neck of the woods, between us, Liverpool and France are making up most of the class! We were taken on a tour of the place having been issued with little student cards, I particularly loved the wall of past alumini and spend the rest of the day wondering if Stella McCartney had touched that particular door or Alexander McQueen had sat on that chair...

We got started on a task chopping up magazines to abolish the idea of traditional clothing and interpret shape and texture in an experimental and creative way. The idea was to challenge what could be shaped to the body, while blissfully ignoring wearability! My delightfully creative mess shows I rather got stuck into this task, after the disastrous ice breaker of portrait drawing (It's okay, none of us were particularly pleased!). I seemed to be having a bit of a hat thing today as well, all my models had shelving units or orchids or colanders on their heads...































Someone pointed out the time and before we knew it, it was 3 o'clock. I have a feeling this week will fly, which frankly I don't want it to because I'm having a ball. Tomorrow we are visiting the Maison Martin Margiela exhibition at Somerset House for research into our main project, more of which I will talk about tomorrow when I have some fabulous pictures!
Too excited for tomorrow!
Night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment