Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

London Diary - Sunday 4th July

Today I braved the tube! Twice infact because I even changed lines- get me! I wore a cute pink lace trimmed dress contrasted with black ankle boots and accessories, which trust me was not actually as creased as it seems to look in the photo!

First stop of the day was the New Designers event in Islington, an opportunity for design graduates countrywide to showcase their talents in fashion, textiles, jewellery, metalwork and ceramics. The surface design students who focussed on clothes came up with digital patterns reminiscent of those by Peter Pilotto (left) and Alexander McQueen. Texture and sculptural knitwear was frequently seen, yet each collection was completely different. Another major trend was floral pattern. Some were delicate watercolour designs, others were bold and digital, while many would have fitted perfectly into any Erdem (right) collection. Many of the graduates really stood out for their bold, exciting, original designs, others for the dreamy prettiness of them, and I am planning on a few features on here in the near future so keep an eye out!
After the show (and a much needed trip to Starbucks!) we hit the shops in Oxford Circus, only to find a very disappointing Topshop sale! What is happening to the world!? My favourite pillar in the world though can be found in the H&M across the road though... It's clad in pictures of Lady Gaga!
Well, my course starts in the morning so I'm sure I will have plenty to report tomorrow night and hopefully a few pictures of my pretty sketchbook, providing I can actually find the place that is!
Wish me luck...
Night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment